Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday 19 April 2015

Can You Help?


Following on from all the upheaval of the last few weeks I thought now would be the time to ask for everyone’s help, no matter how big or small in trying to raise funds/awareness for Cystic Fibrosis. As I have said in previous posts, we remain ever positive and hopeful of a cure being found if not a treatment which keeps CF symptoms at bay for sufferers like Harriet. I am certainly not asking for money although if you’re mega rich and want to make a huge donation then go for it!


First off we collect used stamps for The Stuart Gordon Fund. All money made from this goes directly to a researcher who believes he is working on a potential cure for Cystic Fibrosis; see here for full details. We have had so many from factories, schools and workplaces so it's easy to do and it all adds up. There is a poster here you can print out and stick up wherever you work, workout, worship etc. Just try to ensure there is at least a one centimetre border around the stamp please.  

We have a stall at Westoe Craft Fair, South Shields, 10am-4pm on Saturday 20th June so anyone local please pop along and say hello. Also to anyone living nearby there is a charity night at The Hebburn Legion Club on Saturday 4th July organised by another family affected by Cystic Fibrosis. A group of us are going so if you would like a ticket click here. It would be great to see familiar faces there supporting a great cause. And if you can't make it how about donating something for a raffle prize?

Anyone having a Spring clean like I am at the minute can sign up here to donate any old clothing with the proceeds going to the CFTrust. I have also spotted these, grow your own sunflowers for CF, which would be great to do if you have little ones who love getting dirty in the garden!

Our latest fundraising idea is to collect as much unwanted gold as possible! I am sure a lot of you reading this have broken earrings, necklaces with knots in, rings too big or too small that are just gathering dust in a jewellery box. You probably wouldn't think to do anything with them, and even if you did you would not get much money for just one or two pieces but we may get more with a substantial amount. If you find anything and want to do some good with it then please pass on to me or a member of my family. Like I said before I make a lovely cup of tea for anyone who wants to bring me things for our cause!

Lastly, we still have my husband Chris, sister-in-law Emily and good friend Marie all training hard for the Great North Run in September.  If you would like to sponsor one of them or all three (!) please do.




Many thanks to everyone who has already done something for Cystic Fibrosis but as I have said before we must keep going and continue to think of ways to raise money in the hope that one day this awful disease will be no more. If everyone who read this could do just one thing that would be incredible.

If you think you can help in any way please get in touch via my social media pages. You can also help by simply liking or sharing my blog posts on Facebook or Twitter. You can also subscribe to my blog here, there is a new post every Sunday at 2pm. If anyone has held a successful fundraising event or has any ideas on what we can do next please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment